[Yum] yum error

Gareth Bird g.e.bird at durham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 16:57:03 UTC 2005

Hi

When I try to run yum in terminal I get the following error:

[gb at engpc106 gb]$ yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.3.3 (#2, Feb 17 2004, 11:45:40)
[GCC 3.3.2 (Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
message to <yum at lists.linux.duke.edu>.

If you can offer any help I would be appreciative.
Regards,

Gareth Bird
Durham University, UK