[Yum] createrepo's --baseurl option and yum

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Thu Sep 8 17:58:04 UTC 2005

Howdy,
createrepo has a -u or --baseurl option.  In it's man page it says

Optional base url location for all files. (not used by any clients at
this time)

But I think that's a bit old.

I've created a repo using it, and I'm trying to use that repo using yum
2.4.0.  It's not working correctly, and hense my question.

Does yum 2.4.0 know how to use the baseurl output from createrepo?

*Troy looks at that question a few minutes then shrugs*
I'm not sure how to word that question any better.  I'm just looking to
see if I'm wasting my time trying to get yum to use that option, or if
I'm just setting things up wrong.

Troy