[Yum] yum error

Prasad J Pandit prasad at ncb.ernet.in
Thu Sep 1 13:58:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> Ok, and specifically how did you install that rpm?  rpm --rebuild and
> then installed the resulting binary?  Did you get the tar.gz and do a
> make/make install?
> I think the rpm --rebuild method is more likely to work.
> Greg

  Yes, I got the tar.gz file, I did make && make install, I did that cause
for some strange reason rpm is also not working after that last update
by yum. even today rpm says...

rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libneon.so.24: cannot open

 ...So I cann't install any thing with rpm. Today I tried to compile
rpm-4.4.1 source but It's got some compilation errors...I'm completely
clueless about what's to be done to fixup this problem.
--
regards
   -Prasad