[Yum] Re: yum on RHEL AS release 3 taroon 4 on dell 64 bit HW

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:30:40 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Thomas David Burns <tburns at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Is there an archive of old releases somewhere? I do not want to have
> to upgrade to python 2.4.

You mean aside from http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/ ?

:)

Also, what is your purpose with installing yum?  yum won't handle RHN
(yet) so you will have to create your own repository or something like
that.  If your goal is to move from RHN to CentOS or similar, then you
can just import the CentOS GPG key, install the CentOS version of yum,
and do a "yum update" and be in business.  If my guess about your
purpose is right, that's the easiest thing to do.  It might even be
the easiest way to get yum installed even if you plan on using your
own repository.

Regards,
Greg