[Yum] updating fails

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:08:26 UTC 2005

On 10/29/05, Jerry Sloan <freebird at pixius.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am running Fedora Core4 and when I ran yum update it returned this error:
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
> mirrors to try.
> I have no idea whats up....any and all help appreciated

Yum can't get the file it needs from that repository to work properly.
Since it can't contact the repository, it's not going to allow you to
update unless you specifically disable the repo. You can assume you
caught the repository in the middle of updating, wait and try again
later, or you can read the yum manpage about --disablerepo

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT