[Yum] overly cautious free space checking?

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Oct 28 08:23:38 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005 08:24 schrieb Konstantin Ryabitsev:
> On Thu, 2005-27-10 at 23:14 -0700, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > I've been actually thinking of making a "cli-extras" plugin which
> > adds pretty much everything-you-can-think-of cli-option to yum for
> > us cli-junkies :) Just haven't gotten around to do it.
>
> Make sure it includes "--force".

Hey icon, how much use is that without --nodeps?

> *hides from seth's wrath*

BTW, I'm urgently missing a --snafu switch to be able to reproduce all
those snafus, unilluminated crowd seem to experience with yum lately.

And how about --self-destroy as a security measure, implemented as "rpm
-e yum; rm -rf /var/lib/rpm", in order to really save people from using
yum successfully, automatically invoked after three unsuccessful
attempts to run yum, and/or even better --really-self-destroy,
implemented as "dd of=$BOOTDRV < /dev/urandom", in order to
successfully save people from wasting any more time with computers..

*since there's enough water between us, I don't fear seth's wrath*

Pete