[Yum] repo-rss and Bloglines

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Tue Oct 25 14:06:12 UTC 2005

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the output of repo-rss into
valid RSS for reading in Bloglines?

I used to use yum --generate-rss in FC3 to monitor my updates, and it
did generate valid RSS/XML.  Now, however, in FC4 I use repo-rss but the
output via -f:

repo-rss -f /var/www/html/updates.xml updates-released

doesn't make a valid file (from Bloglines: No feeds were found. Please
verify that the website publishes an RSS feed.).  Comparing to "yum
--generate-rss", it's missing the <?xml version="1.0"...> bits that were
generated before.  Do I need to specify the -ldt flags or is there an
additional script I can use to "bracket" the output with appropriate XML
language?

Thanks for any help,
Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/