[Yum] Yum and srpms

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 25 08:23:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Igor Jagec wrote:

> Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
>> "yumdownloader --source <source-package-name>" will do just that,
>> provided that the SRPMS are included in the repository metadata.
>
> What is repository metadata?

It's the stuff that makes yum tick :) eg:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/repodata/

>> For
>> Fedora they are included in the default config for the original FC<n>
>> release but for updates you'll need to add the SRPMS repository to
>> yum.repos.d by yourself.
>
> I tried to look in the yum.repos.d, and to google for it, but I didn't
> find any information about srpm repositories. What exactly I have to do?
> Which conf file, or something? As I said, yumdownloader works just fine
> for the core packages, but not for updates and extras, and I can't
> figure out what exactly to modify. Thanks mate!

Hmm, seems I was wrong - I thought FC had repodata for updates SRPMS as
well but not so :( It should be here:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/repodata/
but isn't. So you'd need to create your own repository for those.. or
better, ask RH to run createrepo on SRPMS as well.

 	- Panu -