[Yum] Yum and srpms

Igor Jagec igorm5 at vip.hr
Mon Oct 24 21:26:53 UTC 2005

Panu Matilainen wrote:

> "yumdownloader --source <source-package-name>" will do just that,
> provided that the SRPMS are included in the repository metadata.

It did for the core packages, not updates and some extra repositories.
Thanks. This is a great feature. Now I like Yum even more :) I can't
wait to see that feature in the "default" configuration :)

> For
> Fedora they are included in the default config for the original FC<n>
> release but for updates you'll need to add the SRPMS repository to
> yum.repos.d by yourself.

Yep, I noticed that, but I don't get it how to put those SRPM
repositories in the yum.repos.d. I tryed to figure something, but I
failed :(

-------------------------------- begin ---------------------------------
[extras]
name=Fedora Extras $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
gpgcheck=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

[livna]
name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna

> The other related utility is yum-builddep which installs build
> dependencies for given source package.

I gotta try that as soon as possible, thanks :)

--
Igor Jagec