[Yum] Please help me to use yum

Jun Zhang nugulus at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 16:08:19 UTC 2005

Doing the configure setup when installing R-2.2.0, I got the following message,
checking for X... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available
Somebody told me that the devel part of X is missing on my system, and suggested I install it using yum. Then I got the following stopper.

[root at mdabam149 keys]# yum install x11-devel
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
   No module named yum
Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.
It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.2.3 (#1, Aug  8 2003, 08:44:02)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-13)]
If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
message to <yum at lists.linux.duke.edu>