[Yum] yum problems under FC4

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 19 01:55:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Jeff Pitman wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 00:09, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>> Eventually I found it, just not with yum provides.
>
> Just curious, did you try "locate mt | grep bin"? If you had an slocate
> db setup, it'd be much faster.

No, I didn't have it installed; it wasn't on my path or even on my
system.  If it were in any of the usual places then "which mt" would
have showed me the path and rpm -qf /bin/mt would have showed me the rpm
and (primarily) man mt would have worked, because I was installing it
only because I needed to read the man page to answer a user question,
not because I actually have a tape drive on my laptop;-)

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu