[Yum] yum problems under FC4

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue Oct 18 05:28:28 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 13:15, seth vidal wrote:
> it's mostly b/c it is doing a regex of .*userstring.*

Are we stuck with being legacy compat with multiple representations of
packageSack? Because this could be re-tooled to use a SQL "like" query
into a carefully keyed sqlite database.

Also, we could learn lessons from rpmfind.net and rpm.pbone.net about
how the search should be setup. For example, if they want to look for a
file, then provide full path. Code then keys off of "/".  Then, a plain
"mt" only looks in package names.  If user doesn't know if "mt" is
in /usr/bin or /usr/sbin, then burden is placed on the user to
enumerate the possibilities.

Searching files, package names, etc. etc., in one swoop can be a
gargantuan undertaking.

--
-jeff