[Yum] libxml2 vs elementtree in 2.4.0

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 7 06:15:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 00:51 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> Just curious, what the background is on these two.  libxml2 was taken
> out as a dep in yum.spec, but the code in yum/mdcache.py,
> repomd/packageSack.py, and repomd/repoMDObject.py still use it.
> elementtree is nowhere to be found.
>
> Should the spec be tweaked dropping elementtree and adding libxml2 back
> in?

ultimately what should happen here is all places where libxml2 is
actually used should be fixed so it's not.

I'd like to get everything to elementtree only.

A big part of the problem is that the metadata parsing routines are now
subclasses of subclasses of subclasses so we need to condense out a lot
of that and see if we can keep it working.