[Yum] can't upgrade yum, yum doesn't work

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Oct 6 14:30:22 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 22:21, Istvan Kope wrote:
> So 2 questions:
> 1. Why still I have the timeout errors?

Did you check if you had a Proxy?  I think Greg asked this earlier, but
you have not answered yet.

> 2. Why yum downloads again the packages which I already copied in the
> cache folder?

Because it needs headers too.  There may be some tool lurking out there
that helps you reconstruct the .hdr file.

If you want a solid solution before you can find that .hdr file
regenerator, you can create a cache repo locally with createrepo and
then just update from there.  Just some ideas, YMMV.

--
-jeff