[Yum] Re: fc3 yum2.4.x installation problem

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:28:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

The error means that the yum module was not actually installed into
the python path.

I think you would be best served by removing whatever yum 2.4 rpm you
installed and getting the yum RPM that was distributed with FC3 from
one of the mirrors and installing that:

rpm -e yourcurrentyumpakcagename
wget ftp://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/fedora/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.1.11-3.noarch.rpm
rpm -i yum-2.1.11-3.noarch.rpm

If you really really really want yum 2.4 then you can download the yum
2.4 binary from the yum website, rpmbuild --rebuild it, and then rpm
-i that file.  However, I believe that you will then need to hand edit
the yum.conf and yum.repos.d entries to fit your machine.

Regards,
Greg