[Yum] fc3 yum2.4.x installation problem

TrabiGo trabigo at chello.at
Wed Oct 5 18:27:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have tried to install yum with yum but that wasn't sucessfull so I
tried with the rpm's. I forced the installation of yum 2.4 and got this
following error msg:

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.2 (#1, Sep 28 2005, 10:20:51)
[GCC 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
message to <yum at lists.linux.duke.edu>.

I also installed the actual python but what does "No module named yum"
mean ? I would be happy if someone can explain me this problem. Thank
you in advance.

MfG TrabiGo