[Yum] Headers Not Downloading

Frederic Herman fherman at inferential.com
Sun Nov 27 16:08:06 UTC 2005

I want to be able to see what package updates are available before I
manually update them using yumex.  Is there a way to do this with yum or
should I be doing something else?  In some cases, I may see an available
package update and then decide I really don't even want the rpm on the
system, and therefore remove it.

I'm trying to maintain several machines on a network, and need to come
up with some strategy to do this.  If you could recommend documentation
on this, it would be appreciated.  I really thought that having the
headers in the cache was a good way to do what I need.

Thanks again.

Fred