[Yum] Redhat EL.3 AS box downgraded to ES after yum update

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:39:02 UTC 2005

On 11/14/05, Tom Hodder <tom at ecnow.co.uk> wrote:
> I have 4 RHEL3 Advanced server boxes. When yum ran on those, they picked up the
> kernel update. But when I rebooted those servers to use the new kernel, they
> were running as RHEL Enterprise server boxes and complaining about too much
> memory etc.

My guess is something related to the rpm that was installed and not
related to yum.

Maybe you could ask RedHat to help, since these are RHEL boxes and you
should have a support contract.  Or if they are CentOS or some other
rebuild (including your own) you could ask whomever maintains the
rebuild.  If they are yours, asking around on CentOS mailing list/IRC
might still be the best way to solve it, but you should include more
information like specifically which kernel rpm this is.

Greg