[Yum] Determining Repositories for Installed RPMs?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:35:36 UTC 2005

On 11/12/05, Paul Dickson <paul at permanentmail.com> wrote:

> So, can't yum list all repositories that version of the RPM could have
> come from?  In most cases (at least in my case), it will only come from
> one repository.

It may work in your case, but what if you have 2 repositories
specified that have the package: a and b.

"a" happened to be the one where the repository came from when you
installed it, but during the search "a" is down so yum finds it in "b"
and lists it as being installed from "b".

The more reliable way to do this is to store the repository that the
rpm came from in the rpm database or in a new yum database, but that
would require changes to other packages and should be discussed on
those lists.

Greg