[Yum] Re: yum in kickstart %post and HP Insight Mgr

Lars Damerow lars at pixar.com
Tue May 31 22:55:44 UTC 2005

>From Philip Rowlands <phr at doc.ic.ac.uk>, Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:02:27PM +0100:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Brian Long wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to use yum in the %post section of kickstart.  With well-
> >written RPMs, this works great.  However, I've come across the lovely HP
> >Insight Manager RPMS (hpasm, hprsm, etc) which seem to run "service
> >hpasm start" during the RPM postinstall (yuck).  This wouldn't be too
> >bad if the daemons actually disassociated from the running terminal.
>
> Don't let it have them:
>
> %post
> yum groupinstall Insight-Manager < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

A gross hack you could do is to temporarily replace service in the path:

mkdir -p /usr/tmp/hack
ln -s /bin/true /usr/tmp/hack/service
PATH=/usr/tmp/hack:$PATH yum groupinstall Insight-Manager
rm -rf /usr/tmp/hack

:)

cheers,
lars

--
lars damerow
button pusher
lars at pixar.com

"Well, I can't smoke chocolate--I know that now."  -mst3k