[Yum] Repository Priority

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Wed May 25 20:55:23 UTC 2005

There is an ambiguity to your question.
Obviously yum will seek out the newest package that can fit into the
existing configuration. Unless programmed otherwise in the config file
of course.
So I would say: yum already does that.

However if you question really is: " How can i make my local ripository
to be the one to use if the newest files are in multiple repositories
including my local one", then the answer is:
Yum will choose the repository based on the placement in the config
file. If the config file lists your local repository first - then yum
will attempt to get it from there first.

Karsten