[Yum] Error Upgrading RH8 to RH9 -- retrygrab() fail

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri May 20 21:06:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 02:14:20PM -0400, Jake Colman wrote:
> Can you explain why it works from this site but not the other?

I think because mirror.dulug.duke.edu is running lighthttpd;
download.fedoralegacy.org is running apache, and they act differently --
lighthttpd is being pedantic about the URL encoding. Actually, now that I
look at the RFC, maybe so pedantic that it's wrong. But my brain is fried
from this week so I'm in no position to judge.

Anyway, if you use FTP mirrors, you'll avoid this problem.

Given the afore-mentioned state of my brain, I'll avoid considering what if
anything yum should do about this (or what the current version and
urlgrabber and all that *do* do).