[Yum] inter-dependancy hell!

Gijs Hollestelle g.hollestelle at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:47:51 UTC 2005

On 5/13/05, Morgan Read <mstuff at pl.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm at my wits end - on fc3, been using yumex, yum, & gyum (only the
> little rhn-applet replacement).
[snip]

> [root at morgansmachine ~]# yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up Repos
> 20:44:48 libtsocks(10579): Could not open socks configuration file
> (/etc/tsocks.conf), assuming all networks local
> livna-stable              100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> jpackage-fedora           100% |=========================|  903 B    00:00
> flash                     100% |=========================|  903 B    00:00
> jpackage-generic          100% |=========================|  903 B    00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> fedora-rawhide-devel      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> local                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> fedora-extras-fc3         100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00

You seem to have both fedora 3 and fedora-rawhide (rawhide is the in
fedora development tree, currently an unstable version of fedora 4)
installed. That means you are telling yum to install a mix between
fedora 3 and fedora rawhide. This is probably causing your problems.
If I were you I would disable the fedora-rawhide repository.

Also what is the local repository that you have configured?

Greets,
  Gijs