[Yum] Package management strategy with yum

Jeremy Lyon Jeremy.Lyon at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 30 17:29:55 UTC 2005

> Gah! Then my script has to understand how to parse repo files and so on.
> That'd work as a kludge, but it's pretty ugly.

If you write it in python and use the yum modules it should be fairly easy.
However I do believe that Seth was looking into having
--enable/disablerepos= accepting wild cards, I just can't find if it was
implemented.  You may also be able to use 'python
/path/to/site-packages/yum/config.py /some/yum.conf' to your advantage.

Jeremy Lyon
Systems Mgmt Integ Prof-Adv
IBM Global Services - Qwest
720.540.1083