[Yum] yum to do list updated

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Mar 26 18:22:58 UTC 2005

> Anyway, my point is that I'd feel so much safer by just having :
> exactarchpkg=glibc kernel kernel-smp
>
> As those are the "nasty" ones that can break a whole system if archs are
> "downgraded" by mistake (wrt NPTL for example), others just potentially
> breaking given services without rendering the system unusable or remotely
> "un-fixable". I think you've heard my point already though ;-)

So at long last I implemented this. I think it does what you'd expect,
now.

I put 'glibc, kernel-smp, kernel, kernel-hugemem, kernel-enterprise and
kernel-bigmem' in the default exactarchlist. You can also set
exactarchlist in your yum.conf under [main] and it will use that list.
Right now it, effectively, obsoletes exactarch entirely.

Now, something to keep in mind, things this will NOT let happen:

foo.x86_64 will not be updated by foo.i386 on an x86_64

the biarch 'trees' will be considered separately, that's how it will be
and I think that's how it SHOULD be. Having said that a .noarch pkg will
get them both :)