[Yum] Redhat tools vs YUM

Kenneth Young ykyoung at clustertech.com
Mon Mar 21 10:47:15 UTC 2005

Dear all,

People are telling me that YUM is no longer actively developed (read:
they tell me "don't use yum").
They say there's no longer any point in YUM because  the more recent
version of Redhat's rpm tools
already handles multi-level of dependecy lookahead (when you specify a
flag).  They mentioned the
feature should be in Advanced Server 3 or so.

I have not been able to find out how rpm does that, on Fedora Core 3 or
on Redhat AS3 update3.
I thought of asking a question on the redhat mailing list, but being a
yum fan, I thought I will ask here first.....

What are we with respect to the other installer?

Regards,
Kenneth