[Yum] yum gets stuck

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sun Mar 20 20:31:00 UTC 2005

I'm building a kickstart install for Fedora 3. Yum is the default
shipped with FC3, yum-2.1.11-3
It's a fairly minimal install, after reboot the system runs a script
that, among other things, is doing a "yum update". The problem is, yum
gets stuck at this step. Nothing gets displayed. I even changed the
script to this:

echo "Update system"
yum -y -e 10 -d 10 update

...but there's nothing displayed after "Update system". It just hangs.

The weird thing is, sometimes it works. When i start playing with it in
the morning, it works, but after a few reinstalls, it's just hanging.

Does that sound familiar? Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/