[Yum] local working

Paul Stanhope fredn1 at gmx.de
Sun Mar 20 08:22:07 UTC 2005

Hi Roman,

On Saturday 19 March 2005 20:11, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:44:07 +0100, Roman Jordan <romanjordan at gmx.de> wrote:
> > thanks for help.

you're welcome.

> > What is the best way for searching the list? At the home page i can only
> > see mail by mail. Or must i download all zipped archives?

I suppose I'm a bit of a fanatic, for the lists I'm really interested in
I just keep the posts in my Mail directory. When I subscribe to a
new list, I lurk for a while, and then I usually download the older messages
(usually an mbox file), and import them into KMail using

   Tools->import messages ...

After that I can search them effectively using the hotkey 's'.

I learn a lot that way, but like I said, I'm a bit of a fanatic ...

> You can use the site: keyword of google:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Alists.dulug.duke.edu%2F+dow
>nload+only&btnG=Search

Also a good way to do it.

> Or just do a "find" in the page that has the threads for a given month.

That I hadn't thought of, it's good too.

Fred.