[Yum] Yum behind an authenticating proxy

Darryn Levitt darryn at cks.co.za
Thu Mar 17 05:07:20 UTC 2005

Hi there all.

Could someone please give me the definitive answer on how to run yum
from behind an authenticating proxy?
I have tried various different setups, but could not get any to work.
A posting of a working yum.conf, etc. would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Darryn
Confidentiality Notice:
The above message and all attachments may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the material from your computer. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the view of the entity transmitting the message.  Computerkit Retail Systems (Pty) Ltd hereby distances itself from and accepts no liability in respect of the unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes