[Yum] local working

Fred fredn1 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 16 06:05:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 20:39, Roman Jordan wrote:
> Hi,
> it is possible to use yum without an internet connection? For instance
> if i want remove all mozilla* packages on my lokal system.
>
> yum remove mozilla*

Create an (empty) local repository with createrepo (yum 2.x)
or yum-arch (yum 1.x), in an empty directory.

Then edit your /etc/yum.conf (yum 1.x) or
create /etc/repos.d/<emptyrepo>.repo (yum 2.x)
to point to it - use a file://<empty repo directory> url.

make sure this is the only enabled=1 repo, and you
can yum remove to your heart's content.

Fred.