[Yum] mirrorlist

Roman Jordan romanjordan at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 15:34:49 UTC 2005

Hi,
i have two questions about the handling of the mirrors in YUM.

The option 'mirrorlist' tell YUM where to search for mirrors.

When will YUM use this information? I think this is done if the first
URL (repository) is not available. I am right?
Or does YUM (also) split the packages so that one package comes from the
first server of the list and the next one from the other server?

Second question: If there different versions of a package on different
URLs available, which one is taken? Does YUM install the more recently
version?

Thanks for help,
Roman