[Yum] restarting yum.. from a clean rpm/yum database...

Paul Rennix paul2004 at thespps.org
Wed Mar 9 03:34:14 UTC 2005

> Your problem is that you are using the FC2 repositories.  Are you
> trying to upgrade to FC2 or FC3?  Instead of manually installing
> fedora-release-3, I would suggest editing /etc/yum.conf and replace
> $releasever with 3.

no, I bailed on trying to upgrade via yum..... way to many errors for me to
be brave enough to go ahead and destroy the box : )

I'm trying to go back now - to reset yum for FC2.  Yum never did install any
of the fc3 packages.  yum.conf is set up with the standard FC2 config.

I appreciate the help......

/etc/yum.conf

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=10
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20

[fedora-us-2]
name=Fedora Core 2 -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.os
[fedora-us-2-updates]
name=Fedora Core 2 updates -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.updates
[fedora-us-2-stable]
name=Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 2 -- Fedora US mirror
baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable