[Yum] Updating only installed packages using yum

onlythe best jasteed1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 17:43:56 UTC 2005

YUM is a great package manager but it looks like YUM
updates all updates available to my system and not
just those installed in my system.    For instance, I
don't have gaim installed but a gaim update is
available and will be installed (yum -y) the next time
I run yum.   Is there a configuration setting I can
set to make yum only update those packages that are
installed on my system.

Some packages like gaim I know I can manually
uninstall or individually yum upgrade each package,
but there are some many Linux especially in FC
applications that it's difficult to know which apps
are required or have dependencies.

Thanks.