[Yum] RepoView

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Thu Mar 3 23:23:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 17:21 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Do you think using cElementTree could speed up the importing of the xml
> metadata for yum's use? Should we look at it for the mdparser routines
> now?

I was going to look at it tomorrow to see if I can reimplement mdparser
in cElementTree. It's hard to say which one is faster without having
side-by-side running code, but cElementTree site claims that it smokes
libxml2, plus it's a clear win in terms of the APIs: as opposed to
libxml2, the author of cElementTree has some idea about what makes good
Python bindings, so you don't feel like flossing with barbed wire when
writing code in it.

It shouldn't be too hard for me to rewrite it, since I can largely steal
from what I just wrote for repoview.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev <icon at linux.duke.edu>