[Yum] missing feature (fix deps)

Stefano Cavallari stefano at cavallari.cjb.net
Wed Jun 29 21:25:27 UTC 2005

> What?
>
> You want yum to automatically remove packages that have broken
> dependencies? That seems a bit dangerous.

No of course.
It asks first.
And you must request that kind of operation explicitly. (-f))
Then it says "I want to do this. Is it ok?"

> If you were happy using apt, then continue doing so.
I think for other things yum is better.
Especially I like the headers which are one for every package, and not a
big file with all headers that often grows up to 2-3 Mb. And that is
somewhat more clean than apt.
I'm just telling what I miss, and I think that that feature was useful.

--
Linux User #153639      RoLug Member - http://rovigo.linux.it
GnuPG id:E88F9363 keyserver.linux.it
Jabber id:cava at jabber.linux.it