[Yum] yum download for RH Enterprise Linux WS 3

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:50:04 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, bioinfo Gu <bioinfowistar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> which version and where I can download yum utility for
> RH Enterprise Linux WS3. Also what is the mirror for
> yum.
>
> I installed yum-2.0.8.noarch.rpm, the error is :
>
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Red Hat Linux 3WS - x86_64 - Base
> retrygrab() failed for:
>
> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/3WS/x86_64/headers/header.info
>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file
> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/3WS/x86_64/headers/header.info
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> [root at cirith-ungol etc]#

Use a browser to look at :
http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/

You will see that Duke no longer mirrors these RPMs.

So as you mentioned you will need to find a new mirror.

If you are using "RH Enterprise Linux WS3" as you said, you should
probably use their up2date system or download their RPMs and create a
local yum repository if you really really want to use yum instead of
up2date.

If you no longer have access to that update system, you should
probably try to hook up with one of the RHEL "rebuilds" like Whitebox,
CentOS, TaoLinux, Scientific Linux, etc. depending on your needs.

Greg