[Yum] using bittorrent inside yum

Harnish, Joseph jharnish at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Tue Jun 21 19:42:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

I was wondering if there has thought or discussion on utilizing the
bittorrent network when available to download packages.

This could have the potential to help a person running a small network of
Linux boxes because he wouldn't have to setup a local repo to reap the
benefits of having the packages local (already downloaded by another host).

I think this could be a very beneficial plugin for yum especially if FC5
will allow installing via yum through anaconda.

Thanks for listening of my crazy ideas,

Joe