[Yum] FC4 - yum update issues ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Tue Jun 21 05:44:53 UTC 2005

Greetings ...

	I'm not sure if this is a ftp nat weirdness issue that I have seen be
discuss of late, but I'm running FC4-64 and have run into some really
weird problems.

	Been doing yum installs and update and it seems to get to about 1% of
the download and falls over.  It has done this on two different boxes,
mainly to Fedore Extras from what I have seen.

	I don't think it's the hardware or my internet connection, because my
FC3-32/64 systems have not had this problem.  Plus I have used wget to
download the rest of the rpms that is has failed, rerun yum and it
installs fine.

	I would hate to say this, but could this be a new yum issue? I hope
this helps ...

[root at clee-taylor ~]# rpm -qa |grep -i yum
yum-utils-0.2-2.fc4
yum-2.3.2-7
[root at clee-taylor ~]#

Mailed
Lee

P.S. Just like to "Thank You" for the yum people, very much to Seth and
close company!