[Yum] Obsoletes package gets updated?

Joshua Jensen joshua at iwsp.com
Mon Jun 20 19:11:52 UTC 2005

Shoot, sorry for the confusion.  We are doing "yum -y update"... and it
is still getting obsoletes.  Our yum.conf does have the default config
of obsoletes=1.

My question though is this: is our "meta" package getting grabbed just
because of its obsoletes?  It isn't considered an update to any other
package for any other reason.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't think
that obsoletes alone would be considered reason enough to grab something
as an "update".

Joshua