[Yum] Obsoletes package gets updated?

Joshua Jensen joshua at iwsp.com
Mon Jun 20 17:12:40 UTC 2005

I have a package called "meta" in a package group in my repo.  All it
contains is an obsolete of package a".

I have package "a" on my machine already.  I didn't install the group
that includes "meta", nor do I have an old version of the "meta" package
installed.

However, when I do a "yum upgrade" against said repo, I still get the
meta package included in the yum update set.  Why?  Why does yum regard
an obsolete to "a" to be an "upgrade"?  Surely it shouldn't.

--
Joshua Jensen
joshua at iwsp.com
"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"