[Yum] Bad webserver or package or yum checksum?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jun 14 12:38:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:34:32PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > (32/45): device-mapper-1. 100% |=========================| 287 kB    00:00
> > (33/45): comps.rpm        100% |=========================| 5.3 kB    00:00
> > http://myownserver/mirrors/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/RedHat/base/comps.rpm:
[...]
> Search through your repo and look to see if you have 2 packages names
> comps.rpm, just for fun - that's the only thing i can think of -
> alternatively - see if yum leaves the comps.rpm that is corrupted
> in /var/cache/yum/repo/packages.

Hmmm. There usually *are* two copies -- one in the main RPMs directory, and one
in base:

  i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/comps-4-0.20050606.i386.rpm
  i386/os/Fedora/base/comps.rpm

And they should be identical. But I think it's reasonable to consider it an
error in the way the repo was built to include the one from base....