[Yum] Dependancy resolution problem: multiple providers

Ken Schroeder (kschroed) kschroed at cisco.com
Tue Jun 14 01:37:18 UTC 2005

We have 3 Oracle Groups all that provide libclntsh.so.9.0.  Only
One of these groups will get installed on any given server.
Oracle-Client group contains CSCOoraclnt which provides libclntsh.so.9.0
Oracle-Server contains CSCOoraserv which also provides libclntsh.so.9.0
Oracle-Shared-Server contains CSCOorashr which also provides
libclntsh.so.9.0

On this first round of upgrade testing we have performed after
installing
the Oracle-Client group, we are running yum update to get additional
errata. Neither CSCOoraserv, nor CSCOorashr have been installed but yum
is pulling them in.  Only thing we can figure is because it is trying to
re-satisfy the libclntsh.so.9.0 requirement.