[YUM] through a NTLM Only windows ISA 2003 server

ez ezfr33ze at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:34:06 UTC 2005

I am behind a MS 2003 NTLM Authentication only firewall
when I run your export command, I get the following after running the
yum update command

I am using yum-2.2.1-1

I also have the following lines in my /etc/yum.conf file:
proxy=172.17.4.1:8080
proxy_user=user
proxy_password=password

I was getting the error:

[root at blinux2 ~]# yum check-update
Setting up Repos
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try
--------------------------------
I had a box at home where YUM was working so I copied the
/etc/yum.conf file and all .repos and put them into my fedora core 3
box behind this firewall...  and added the proxy information back into
it...  Then I get the error above...

I then read in the fedora portal the following:
geobelcher wrote:
---------------------------------------
I have setup my machine to export the proxy just befor I run yum. I do
this by calling the following command from a terminal:

export http_proxy=http://<proxy server>:port

I actually have a cron job setup to run daily and call the export just
before running yum.

The export has to be run each time.
After running his export command, with my credentials:

I get the following error...
[root at blinux2 ~]# yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repos
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 7, in ?
yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 68, in main
result, resultmsgs = base.doCommands()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 413, in doCommands
return self.updatePkgs()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 932, in updatePkgs
self.doRepoSetup()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 74, in doRepoSetup
repo.baseurlSetup()
File "repos.py", line 476, in baseurlSetup
File "repos.py", line 729, in getMirrorList
File "grabber.py", line 445, in urlopen
File "grabber.py", line 576, in urlopen
File "grabber.py", line 548, in _retry
File "grabber.py", line 575, in retryfunc
File "grabber.py", line 728, in __init__
File "grabber.py", line 795, in _do_open
File "grabber.py", line 886, in _make_request
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/urllib2.py", line 326, in open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/urllib2.py", line 306, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/urllib2.py", line 491, in <lambda>
lambda r, proxy=url, type=type, meth=self.proxy_open: \
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/urllib2.py", line 498, in proxy_open
if '@' in host:
TypeError: iterable argument required

Thanks in advanced