[Yum] Re: more problems with yum and el4

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Jun 6 18:47:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Danny Smith wrote:

> I had something similar on some systems I maintain (older yum version),
> and it turned out to be an invalid setting of the LC_ALL environment
> variable. Worth checking if you have  LC_ALL and/or LC_TIME  environment
> variables set to valid values? (unsetting them should be a good test of
> this).

Hummm, I just looked and got the following results:

(pixie pts0) # echo $LC_ALL ; echo $LC_TIME

(pixie pts0) #

What are they supposed to be set to for a system that wants to be in
US english??

Following are the contents of /etc/sysconfig/i18n:
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
LC_COLLATE=C
(pixie pts0) #

As an update to what I originally posted I get this traceback on either
machine any time I actually rm or install a package. If I do a list or
abort the install or rm it just ends normally.