[Yum] Any help will be appreciated. Getting error while using yum.

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Jul 27 18:10:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:45:48AM -0700, Patil, Kiran enlightened us:

------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------

> It gives following messages and errors :
>
> Setting up Install Process
>
> Setting up repos
>
> http://pocsys.jf.intel.com/yum-repository/install/repodata/repomd.xml :
> {Errorno 4} IO Error 404 : Not Found
>
> Trying other mirro.
>
> Cannnot open /read repomd.xml file for repostories: base
>
> Failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: {Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.
>

> I checked /var/www/html/yum-repository/install directory. There is no
> 'repodata' directory available. My question is who needs to create that
> directory 'repodata' and that file repomd.xml. Do I need to create it or
> yum should automatically create it for me. If I need it create it, is
> there any tool/example available about how to do this.

It looks like you are using the deprecated yum-arch command to create your
repositories. You need to be using the createrepo command instead.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics