[Yum] Yum Problem : Asking For Help

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 26 16:25:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:24:36PM +0800, Saiffil Fariz Mohamad Yusuff wrote:
> I'm sorry if this mail bother you all but i really need help. I'd go
> through lots of forum. None could help. I even subscribe to
> experts-exchange. So i guess there might be someone from this list
> that could help

No apologies necessary.  That's what the list is for.  Here's a tip,
though.  You can get google to search things like this mailing list
with a little trick.  Put this into google:

  "ImportError: No module named yum" site:lists.dulug.duke.edu

> ImportError: No module named yum

The short version is that the version of python you have is using a
module search path that doesn't include where the yum rpm put itself.
You should rebuild the yum rpm from the srpm (man rpmbuild, search for
rebuild) for the system and install that.

					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G