[Yum] proxy and ftp ([Errno -1] Header is not complete)

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:53:17 UTC 2005

On 7/12/05, Joshua Jensen <joshua at iwsp.com> wrote:
> Sounds like your broken transparent proxy thinks it understands ftp too :-(
> I thought though per the way that urlgrabber was doing partial downloads
> that it was fool proof?  Maybe a urlgrabber expert can comment.
>
> Joshua
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 03:41:27PM +0900, Hector Akamine wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just read the thread in which it is suggested to access a ftp server
> > instead of http to solve the "header is not complete" error when
> > behind a proxy. In my case it doesn't work (the output I get is
> > included below). I am using the yum version that comes with FC4. Any
> > suggestions?

I think it's more likely to work but not necessarily foolproof.

Does this happen with all packages from all repositories, or is it
specific to this package and/or repository?

It looks like you have 50 items that need to be updated.  Can you do a

#yum list updates

and then choose a different package from that list and do a

#yum update <package>

for that package?  That will help identify if it's a "this package" problem.

Also, if you can try using a different ftp repository that would help
us to see if this is a "this repository" or a "your broken proxy"
problem.

If it's just this package or just this repository, the solution is to
use a new repository.  If it's your broken proxy, then you are likely
going to have to update/fix the proxy or create your own local yum
repository.

Let us know how you progress with these.

Regards,
Greg