[Yum] Odd yum problem

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Fri Jul 8 21:11:59 UTC 2005

Well, I'm back to cause more trouble.

I'm now trying to use yum to build a disk image for use by qemu.  After
discovering the now ubiquitous gpg key problem, I did:

rpm --root `pwd`/mnt --import
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-4

to correct it.  Now this is what I am seeing:

# yum -y   --installroot=`pwd`/mnt install rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 7, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 51, in main
     base.getOptionsConfig(args)
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 271, in getOptionsConfig
     self.parseCommands() # before we exit check over the base command +
args
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 326, in parseCommands
     if not self.gpgKeyCheck():
   File "__init__.py", line 1048, in gpgKeyCheck
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/qemu/mnt/var/cache/yum/.gpgkeyschecked.yum'

What should I try now?

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_