[Yum] [Errno -1] Header is not complete.

Wacek, William R. WILLIAM.R.WACEK at saic.com
Thu Jul 7 17:40:57 UTC 2005

I was afraid you would say to upgrade the firmware.  I don't think this is a
near-term possibility, as the IT group will need to test any updates for
months for security purposes.  Besides, once the hear it's for Linux,
they'll throw away the request anyway.  Last week I asked them to enable one
of the Exchange Servers for IMAP or POP, and they freaked out saying it
wasn't secure.  And I just wanted access *within* the firewall, not through
it.  Sheesh.

In the meantime, I tried the proxy detection method, and got the following
response.  I guess I have a proxy in the way....

bwacek at sweb-dev [/var/log]$ echo -e "TRACE / HTTP/1.1\nHost:
download.fedora.redhat.com\n\n" | nc download.fedora.redhat.com 80
HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error