[Yum] Suggested feature - fix corrupted rpms

Konstantin Kudin konstantin_kudin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 17:00:54 UTC 2005

> This can't be a good idea... is the RPM "corrupt" when I change the
> config file? :-)

 Not so fast! "rpm -V" is actually reasonably smart about that. For
example, with a changed config:

$ rpm -V httpd
S.5....T c /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

 where "c" indicates the config file. This is I think how "rpm -Uvh"
knows which files are configs not to be replaced.

 On the other hand, for an incomplete package one would get something
like:
$ rpm -V mplayer-gui
missing    /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-mplayer.png

 Konstantin